Nashville Fresh 48 | Top 5 Reasons to Take Photos of Baby's First Days
Fresh 48 sessions take place in the first day or two of your baby's life. Like birth photography, you'll keep me updated and let me know when labor starts. I'll get a heads up when baby is born and together we'll plan a time during daylight hours for me to come visit for an hour and document the sweet little life you just brought into the world. I've put together a list of 5 reasons why it's a great idea to schedule a Fresh 48 session:
1. Many times parents will give birth late at night/early in the morning and this gives us time to line up our schedules so I'm there to photograph grandparents or siblings meeting the new baby. There is nothing more special than professionally capturing the emotions of family seeing your little one for the first time. I know many hospitals have photographers that will come in the room to snap a few photos, but this is not the same as a Fresh 48 session. These photos will be a quick 5-10 minutes of just your baby and are commission based. What I love about first 48 sessions is that they include all family members and their interactions with each other and baby.
2. Fresh 48 sessions have the documentary, raw emotional feel of birth photography. Though I take a 'fly on the wall' approach to birth photography and I've never had anyone tell me they were distracted by my being there, I understand being weary of having another person in the room during such a private experience. Fresh 48 sessions document like birth photography while keeping the birth private.
3. Babies change so quickly! I'm amazed at how different babies can look from the time they are born to their newborn session 10-14 days later. How amazing to have beautiful photos of your baby right after they are born.
4. Birth photography is a luxury. I'm on call for the entire month of your birth and stay with you through labor whether is takes six hours or three days and I need to price myself accordingly. I believe nothing can compare to the beautiful photos of a couple laboring together, the reactions of finding out the sex of your baby, or the moment baby is first placed skin to skin on momma's chest. Fresh 48 sessions are a great way to quickly capture important first moments and interactions. Though I may need to rearrange my schedule to meet you for your session, this is a more cost effective option for many families.
5. Fresh 48 sessions include a digital download and a signature box of 4x6 bordered prints to share with your children in the future. I love giving families a beautiful heirloom that can be enjoyed for generations to come :)
Please contact me if you would like more information about Fresh 48 sessions.